A Mission, a Duty, a Priority
Our faculty conduct world-class research, scholarship, and creative work that's recognized across the nation and around the world.
Mason is one of the top research universities in the nation, holding anÂ Â from the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. We are the largest public research university in Virginia, and account for almost 60 percent of the growth of higher education in the state.
We've put a major organization focus on research, innovation, and economic impact.
This team supports sponsored project development and execution, including proposal development, award management, and research accounting/reporting. This team also:
- Serves as steward for research integrity and assurance.
- Promotes and supports the responsible conduct of research.
Research and Innovation Initiatives
This team leads initiatives to grow research capacity through:
- Multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Research development support for complex and high-impact projects, interdisciplinary centers, university research institutes, and research core facilities.
- Promotion of entrepreneurial thinking in high-impact curricular activities.
Community and Economic Initiatives
This office creates strategic relationships with community and corporate partners. This team also:
- Manages Mason intellectual property.
- Supports the growth of new ventures.
- Develops shared facilities to support commercialization and community service.