Mason's commitment to research goes beyond the work of individual faculty members. The university and its partners invest in research centers and institutes that excel at focused and multidisciplinary studies, working together to solve global problems.ÌýWe study, analyze, and develop knowledge in a variety of fields, using collaboration and communication to help generate discoveries.
The ISE conducts integrative research in the natural sciences, social sciences, computational and data sciences, engineering, and humanities whileÌýbridging disciplinary gaps to realize innovative advances in an era of rapid global change.
CASBBIÌýpursues transdisciplinary research to understand the complex adaptive systems underlying human movement and behavior. Our research aims to enable those with chronic disabilitiesÌýto fully participate in daily activities and lead full lives.
Humans and machines mustÌýcommunicate seamlessly in a collaborative framework of trust and ethical conduct. CAHMP works to restructure and optimize reciprocal relationships between humans and assistive computing systems.Ìý
CHW supports state agency, academic, and community partnerships in developing health workforce training and education programs. The partnerships will enhance educational capacity and improve student access to health career/skill training and academic programs and careers.
IBI works withÌýcollaboratorsÌýboth within the university and externally. Areas of study include cancer, infectious diseases, brain and behavior, injury and performance, policy, economics, reproductive and family health, and cardiovascular and metabolic issues.
CINA is a Mason-led multidisciplinary academic consortium that pursues innovative strategies and solutions to advance criminal network analysis, forensics, and investigative processes.ÌýIt's a Department of Homeland Security Center of Excellence.
As pressures from migration and climate change accelerate natural and manmade disasters, Mason's trans-disciplinary C-RASCÌýaims to help communities with rebuilding, as well as with preparations to prevent damage.Ìý
At IDIA, entrepreneurs, researchers, technologists, and business leaders will join more than 300 Mason faculty and their research staff and studentsÌýin driving innovation in the digital economy and collaborating on business opportunities.
QSEC advances transdisciplinary quantum technologies and trains the quantum workforce. Research areasÌýinclude nonclassical algorithms and computing, quantum material growth and characterization, and quantum-sensing technologies and devices.
CHR fosters innovative,Ìýconsequential research in the humanities and humanities-related disciplines,Ìýpromotes the humanities' value as a public good, and enhances the work'sÌývisibility and impact. CHR will also be a research incubator, providing scholarly support and funding.
- November 2, 2022
- October 25, 2022
- October 19, 2022
- October 17, 2022
- October 10, 2022
Mason's schools and colleges support many centers conducting specialized research.
- :ÌýAreas of study include education, digital media, sports medicine and management, and improving the lives of those with disabilities.
- :ÌýAreas of study include health informatics, ethics and policy, and chronic illness.
- :ÌýAreas of study include immigration, public policy, climate change, and criminal justice.
- :ÌýAreas of study include molecular medicine, geospatial intelligence, biodefense, and the environment.
- :ÌýThe Center for Arts and Wellness makes health education an integral part of students' lives.
- :ÌýAreas of study include intelligence, medical policies, and the economy.
- :ÌýAreas of study include gender issues, peacemaking, and religion.Ìý
- :ÌýAreas of study include government contracting, entrepreneurship, and consumer protection.
- :ÌýAreas of study include transportation, secure information systems, and C4I and cyber.Ìý
- :ÌýAreas of study include national security, intellectual property, constitutional freedoms, privacy, and economics.
Mason-Affiliated Centers and Institutes
Some external research groups are affiliated with the university, with Mason faculty working with their teams. They include:
- : This nonpartisan research and educational organization conducts scientific studies of the news and entertainment media.
- : This organization champions classical liberal ideas and the scholars who advance them.
- : This organization provides market-oriented ideas to bridge the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems.